The history of Parc Expo is linked to that of the Nancy International Fair.
The first international fair, then known as “Foire Exposition de l’Est” was launched in 1927 with the intention of promoting the economic activity of the city of Nancy. It took place in the heart of the city. This trial was a success and the decision to organise the exhibition again the following year was quickly made. In 1938, the war interrupted the Foire Exposition de l’Est, which was reborn on June 26, 1948. A victim of its success, the Fair succumbed to a lack of space and convenience for exhibitors, and parking spaces for visitors. It became urgent to abandon the city centre for the periphery.
Construction of the Parc des Expositions (Expo Park) began on 16 August 1963. A permanent structure of four buildings over 15 hectares, it was inaugurated in the presence of Valéry Giscard d’Estaing in 1964. Four more halls were built in the following years. In 1997, Hall A was completely renovated to provide a functional, bright setting for events hosting.